Saturday, April 24, 2010

A typical day

Today was a typical day and I thought my readers might like to know what that was like. It starts at 5:15am. Even though my Mom sets her alarm for this time, I am always afraid it won't go off and she might oversleep. At least two times a week, I am proved right (usually Saturday and Sunday), if I hadn't been diligent, everyone would have overslept.

Anyway, just in case, I start a few minutes before the alarm is supposed to go off. I alternate between tapping Mom on the cheek with my paw and tapping the alarm clock. Eventually the alarm goes off or Mom gets up and Dexter and I race to beat her to the kitchen for breakfast.

After breakfast we both go back up stairs and sit on the bed while Mom gets ready for work and then we race her back down again when she goes down for her breakfast.

During the day while Mom and Dad are work, we mostly sleep. Sometimes we will wake up between cat naps and chase each other around the house or give each other a bath. If the windows were left open, we might sit on the window sill for part of the day watching the birds and of course when anyone comes home we immediately begin lobbying for more food. We aren't really hungry, but Dexter says we have to do this, so we do.

In the evening, when Mom comes home from work, she will often try to get us to play with our little stuffed mice. This is really, really fun. They rattle and so Mom will shake them and we get so excited and then she throws them across the hardwood floor. We both race after them, but because the floors are so slippery, we usually can't stop in time and end up doing summersaults and other embarrassing but fun maneuvers.

After we get tuckered out, we go back to the scratching post and get comfortable and take our evening nap.

Later, when Mom and Dad go upstairs to watch TV, it is time for me to deliver my babies upstairs. I have two babies. Both look like long strips of fleece attached to a black stick because that's what they really are. Every evening, one at a time, I gather up the fleece in my mouth and drag the "baby" upstairs, mewing the whole time. I drop the baby on the floor and return downstairs to get the other one. Once that job is done, I can climb on the bed and cuddle with Mom until she is ready to go to sleep.

So now you see what my day is like.

No comments:

Post a Comment